Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dear Mr. Blog

Dear Mr. Blog,

Well, after my exams got over (FMS 2010 was my last one of the season), I thought I should again make contact with all my friends, with whom I could not keep in touch because of exams. Since Sunday, I’ve spoken to almost all my friends. You are the only one left, so here I’m, back to you, with some more of my wonderful experiences.

When my exams were going on, I thought the best stress-buster would be some activity which gives peace of mind as well as teaches you something. Yes, even in your free time, you have to do something productive. As someone rightly said, Life is a Race, you have to keep running. If you falter, someone will overtake you and you’ll be left behind. I kept racking my brains to find out such an activity which could solve both the purposes, but could not think of any. Eventually, I thought I would watch some movie. But which movie, that was a billion dollar question (due to inflation, million dollar has become billion).

And this question gave me the answer to my first question. India is the country producing the maximum number of movies in the world every year. Some of them make you laugh while some make you cry, some are romantic, and others are action. So, in such a situation when you are spoilt for choices, which movie should you watch when you want to relax as well as you want to learn also. Those obviously have to be the best movies ever made in this country, and probably (read “definitely”) abroad also. Since I’m not a good movie critic, I thought I should follow what other critics have observed. So I decided to pick up those movies which have been praised, acclaimed and (in a few cases) rewarded also. Yes, those movies which have been nominated for the Oscars or have won the Academy Awards (I know Oscars and Academy are the same). Till now, I’ve watched 3 such movies and the 4th one is being downloaded (yeah, I do download a lot of movies these days). I’ve watched Gandhi (already told you about that), Mother India (an amazing movie) and 3 Idiots. Hmmm…. You must be thinking that it has just released, so I must gone mad that I’ve mentioned it in this list. Well, I can very well predict that this movie will be nominated for Oscars, n if I were in the jury, I would make sure that it wins also. The one being downloaded is Shahrukh starrer Paheli, nominated in 2005. I watched Sholay also but was shocked to know that it was never nominated.

After watching these movies, I’ve decided I’ll (try to) watch all those Indian movies (if they are in Hindi, or else Marathi will also do) which had been nominated for Oscars. I’m pretty sure these movies will be sensible enough and also a lot entertaining. So this is my new year’s resolution [1024*768].

Well, it’s time to go now. Will get back to you soon and tell you about my experiences with Mother India and her 3 Idiots. And I'll also tell you about the source of some dialogues in this letter (though many people surely know it). Till den, God bless all!!!

Yours……..

No comments:

Post a Comment